Stream: boston

Topic: 2026-08 meetup


view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (Jul 11 2026 at 21:19):

It's been working out well to meet at Time Out Market in the Fenway so I'm thinking we can stick with it for August.

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (Jul 11 2026 at 21:20):

And I figure we can stick with 7pm.

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (Jul 11 2026 at 21:20):

There are a couple Sundays I can't do. I'm going to give them a :cross_mark: below. Please feel free to mark the dates that don't work for you!

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (Jul 11 2026 at 21:21):

Sunday, August 2

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (Jul 11 2026 at 21:21):

Sunday, August 9

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (Jul 11 2026 at 21:21):

Sunday, August 16

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (Jul 11 2026 at 21:21):

Sunday, August 23

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (Jul 11 2026 at 21:21):

Sunday, August 30

view this post on Zulip Dan (Jul 11 2026 at 23:50):

I was actually gonna ask - how would you feel about trying Bow Market just one time before summer/fall is up? Not for another hackathon, just as a location for a meeting? We never really took advantage of it, being cooped up in that room for the power outlets. Similar to Time Out, it has food options and beer (and coffee).

Downsides include no nearby train stops, and potentially being stuck indoors anyway in case of rain (in which case could you bring food into that brewery? I dunno.)

(thinking about it more - I think Time Out would be a better place if we did another hackathon. Lots more indoor space.)

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (Jul 12 2026 at 13:11):

I'm definitely ok with mixing up the location. I like Time Out but there are plenty of other nice places.

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (Jul 12 2026 at 13:16):

Dan said:

no nearby train stops

The closest T stop to Bow Market is the somewhat new Union Square stop, an 8 minute walk for 0.4 miles:

Screenshot 2026-07-12 at 9.14.44 AM.png

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (Jul 12 2026 at 13:18):

Next closest is the East Somerville, a 17 minute walk for 0.7 miles:
Screenshot 2026-07-12 at 9.17.50 AM.png

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (Jul 12 2026 at 13:21):

In comparison, Time Out is only a 3 minute walk for 0.1 miles from the Fenway stop:

Screenshot 2026-07-12 at 9.20.24 AM.png

view this post on Zulip Dan (Jul 12 2026 at 14:42):

Well I'd be curious what others think. If nobody is enthusiastic about it I'm happy to withdraw my suggestion.

view this post on Zulip Adrian (Jul 12 2026 at 17:54):

I guess I can go either way.

On one hand getting to TOM is basically second nature to me now

On the other that Huntington hackers group is nearby on northeastern campus, so maybe not having two similar events in one place is helpful too

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (Jul 12 2026 at 19:29):

Yeah, see also #boston > Huntington Hackers

view this post on Zulip Morgan Jassen (Jul 15 2026 at 16:49):

ok, finished marking dates that currently don't work for me

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (Jul 23 2026 at 11:49):

Whelp, only @Adrian and I voted above and he put an :cross_mark: on Aug 9th but I think it's the best day for me so I'm picking that one and will update the website. Sorry, @Adrian! I hope others can make it!

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (Jul 23 2026 at 11:53):

Updated!

Here are the details for the next open source meetup:

Add to calendar: Google Calendar (webcal, ICS)

view this post on Zulip Dan (Aug 07 2026 at 22:54):

https://floss.social/@bostonopen/117056683920285905

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (Aug 09 2026 at 14:03):

See you all tonight!

view this post on Zulip Jared Garst (Aug 09 2026 at 18:19):

Hey! This is very last minute, but I am relatively new in town and planning on stopping by - it got posted on mastodon, so I assume it is open to drop ins.

view this post on Zulip Adrian (Aug 09 2026 at 18:28):

Yeah dropins are welcome!

view this post on Zulip Morgan Jassen (Aug 09 2026 at 20:02):

:+1:

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (Aug 09 2026 at 23:04):

We're going to sit outside, near Trilliam.

view this post on Zulip Siddharth Chauhan (Aug 09 2026 at 23:04):

Heyo dropping in as well, lmk where you guys are seated

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (Aug 09 2026 at 23:05):

I have a blue T-shirt and a black gnu hat.

view this post on Zulip Siddharth Chauhan (Aug 09 2026 at 23:08):

Inside or outside?

view this post on Zulip Dan (Aug 09 2026 at 23:13):

We're lost!

view this post on Zulip Dan (Aug 09 2026 at 23:14):

We're outside, near Trilliam :man_shrugging:

view this post on Zulip Dan (Aug 09 2026 at 23:15):

Okay they were getting beer


Last updated: Oct 11 2026 at 03:59 UTC