Stream: boston

Topic: 2026-05 meetup


view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (Feb 27 2026 at 22:13):

For May, do we want to participate host an FSF LibreLocal event again? See #boston > 2025-05 meetup and https://libreplanet.org/wiki/FSF40/meetups for what we did last year, which was to meet at Hamilton at 7pm.

According to the email I got from the FSF, https://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/librelocal-2026-is-in-may-start-organizing-meetups is the place to look for details for this year. There's a chance they would even send a little money our way for food and drinks if we submit a request via https://my.fsf.org/librelocal-2026-support-request by March 15th.

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (Mar 29 2026 at 23:18):

I guess we missed the March 15th deadline. Whoops.

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (Apr 13 2026 at 02:58):

I'm traveling a fair amount in May. I'm leaning toward meeting at Time Out the evening of Sunday, May 24th or Sunday, May 31st. Does either day work for anyone?

view this post on Zulip Adrian (Apr 13 2026 at 23:52):

i think both work for me

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (Apr 17 2026 at 22:50):

I'm leaning toward the 31st because I don't get back from my trip until the 19th. So I'd have a bit more time to get the word out.

@channel any other opinions on the date? (I kind of assume we're still only looking at Sunday nights.)

Also, I'm still considering Time Out the default location. It's been working quite well the last two times!

view this post on Zulip Dan (Apr 19 2026 at 00:20):

Yeah I like Time Out

view this post on Zulip Dan (Apr 19 2026 at 00:20):

31 is fine

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (Apr 19 2026 at 03:38):

Great! I'll update the website when I get a minute.

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (Apr 19 2026 at 23:47):

Done! Updated.

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (May 23 2026 at 12:05):

Huh, I can't seem to add our event to https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Librelocal/2026 . Does anyone else have an account and want to try?

view this post on Zulip Dan (May 24 2026 at 17:38):

omg my username is I'll_logic instead of ill_logic. I thought maybe I made a typo in my password manager but the login actually works. (maybe they just ignore the apostrophe?)

view this post on Zulip Dan (May 24 2026 at 17:38):

I feel like I may have created the account on my phone during a Libreplanet event.

view this post on Zulip Dan (May 24 2026 at 17:50):

Should I name you as the organizer @Philip Durbin ? It's optional.

view this post on Zulip Dan (May 24 2026 at 17:56):

Also - I linked Signal and Zulip on their wiki. Bad idea?

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (May 24 2026 at 19:47):

It looks like last time we put [https://bostonopen.dev Boston Open Dev] as the organizer so I just did the same.

view this post on Zulip Dan (May 24 2026 at 19:48):

Okay you got in then?

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (May 24 2026 at 19:48):

Yeah. Thanks for adding the rest! I think the Signal and Zulip links are great.

view this post on Zulip Dan (May 25 2026 at 18:48):

I added my own meetup :-D https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Librelocal/2026#United_States_.28Dover.2C_NH.29 I should have done it for Thursday. But I emailed them and they're okay with June 4. I'll try to do it on time next time.

view this post on Zulip Adrian (May 25 2026 at 20:16):

is this a separate meetup from the Time out market on the 31?

view this post on Zulip Dan (May 25 2026 at 20:19):

Yeah I'm putting something together in New Hampshire. I'm just mentioning it here for fun.

view this post on Zulip Dan (May 25 2026 at 20:19):

Sorry for the confusion.

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (May 26 2026 at 00:34):

@Dan no worries, thanks for mentioning it!

view this post on Zulip Dan (May 28 2026 at 04:06):

https://floss.social/@bostonopen/116650170882470152

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (May 28 2026 at 12:13):

@Dan looks great! Thanks!

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (May 28 2026 at 12:15):

@all if you're planning on coming on Sunday (7pm at Time Out), please feel free to give a :thumbs_up:

view this post on Zulip Dan (May 28 2026 at 15:34):

I made a separate poll on Signal.

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (May 28 2026 at 23:31):

Cool. I wiped my phone a while ago and haven't reinstalled Signal. :sweat_smile:

view this post on Zulip Dan (May 29 2026 at 13:18):

I'll give you the tally on the day of or just ask.

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (May 30 2026 at 14:08):

Signal hasn't locked me out of the desktop version yet so I was able to check but thanks. :smile: From what I understand I need to connect to Signal via phone every so often or I'll get locked out.

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (May 30 2026 at 14:56):

6 yes and 3 maybe

view this post on Zulip Mike Gulick (May 31 2026 at 17:17):

Hi, I'm planning to come to the meetup tonight at time out market. I haven't been out to one of these Boston Open Dev events before. Just RSVP'ing, and I'm guessing I'll be able to find everyone at one of the tables. I also just requested to join the Signal group for Boston Open Dev. I was at the FSF40 event last year and the meetup afterwards at Time Out Market.

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (May 31 2026 at 18:57):

@Mike Gulick great, we'll look for you! Last time I brought some flyers and I'll try to do that again:

boston-open-dev-flyer(1).png

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (May 31 2026 at 18:57):

So fancy, right? If anyone wants to make a better one, let's talk about it at #boston > flyer! :sweat_smile:

view this post on Zulip Adrian (May 31 2026 at 19:16):

i recently acquired and fixed a printer i found on the street, so if anyone needs me to print stuff, tell me in the next like 2 hours before i leave

view this post on Zulip Philip Durbin (Jun 01 2026 at 01:20):

IMG_20260531_204030161.jpg


Last updated: Oct 11 2026 at 03:59 UTC